#1 scotgirl14888

scotgirl14888

Mrs G!!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6671 posts
  • Wedding:15th August 2009

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:18

I have lost no weight at all that I wanted to before the wedding, I have 12 weeks to go and I need to motivate myself and at least lose some before the big day.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to stop myself craving bad things, anyone got any tips?? I am a member of the gym so I am going to start going at least 3 times per week but its the food side of it that I am struggling with

Any help you could offer would be great, I am hoping to start weight watchers after my hen weekend.

Thanks guys, I need all the help I can get!

#2 Ness

Ness

Lovely-Ness

• Retired Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4412 posts
  • Wedding:8th March 2008

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:36

dont eat after 8Pm if you can help it.

drink green tea to detox and chilli helps work food off quicker, onion has a substance in it which burns food faster as well i hear.

you have to have a wee treat at least once a week. so may be dont diet on weekends?

I used a three day diet which is quite hard but it mean that i could have some treat on a weekend. ive lost about 10 llb doing it that way in the last month which is gradual.

try and have lots of sleep too and drink plenty water.

i am sure you get there sweetie.

ness x

#3 lovelybird62

lovelybird62

Became Mrs Lovelybird on 17th March 2010

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5393 posts
  • Wedding:17th March 2010

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:43

i've done WW on and off for about 10 years, if you do it properly, it does work! Write everything down, plan ahead. Drink 2L of water a day. I have a 1L sports bottle i keep on my desk, and just glug from that.

Also it might be an extravagance you can't afford with the wedding and all, but i SWEAR by a personal trainer. I only see him once a month, but he gives me the motivation to keep going to the gym cos I know I'll have to face him next month! Also i know what do do what i am at the gym cos its all written down. I can't just do 5 reps and say 'that'll do' cos i know i've got to do 15....

GOOD LUCK!!!

#4 scotgirl14888

scotgirl14888

Mrs G!!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • 6671 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:06

Thanks guys for the tips, they have trainers at the gym and it is free to book appointments with them so I might do that to keep myself going, I am also doing race for life in 3 weeks lol

#5 K7AYLOR

K7AYLOR

not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8968 posts
  • Wedding:9th April 2010

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:45

I tend to go and get a drink of water/diluting juice if I feel hungry as it's more often than not it's dehydration rather than hunger. Smaller portions for meals and if I need to snack on something I tend to munch on raisins and other fruits and sugar free jelly :D hope that's of some help to you hun xx

#6 Nicki

Nicki

just me

• Retired Moderator
  • 8359 posts
  • Wedding:21/12/07

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:54

Thanks guys for the tips, they have trainers at the gym and it is free to book appointments with them so I might do that to keep myself going, I am also doing race for life in 3 weeks lol

I did this and it worked wonders I lost loads for the wedding - and trying to lose it again now but after having Charlie - we can support each other if you like chick ? x

#7 scotgirl14888

scotgirl14888

Mrs G!!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • 6671 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 14:33

I did this and it worked wonders I lost loads for the wedding - and trying to lose it again now but after having Charlie - we can support each other if you like chick ? x

yes please :good: I need all the support I can get at the moment, I just cant seem to stop eating at the moment!!! I dont know whats wrong with me lol

#8 Nicki

Nicki

just me

• Retired Moderator
  • 8359 posts
  • Wedding:21/12/07

Posted 23 May 2009 - 15:40

its cos your trying not to Im the same :( got my hol in 2 months so wanna lose a stone by then x

#9 Boo

Boo

TIN

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Wedding:29/08/2009

Posted 23 May 2009 - 22:40

we can support each other if you like chick ? x

I'll support you too if you want a diet buddy, my weddings 2 weeks after yours and I'm not losing any weight either :unsure: Did buy 2 pineapples today though!

#10 little red dragon crafts

little red dragon crafts

CRAZY LADY!!!!!!!

• Retired Moderator
  • 9725 posts
  • Wedding:5/09/04

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:27

im doing ww at the mo
its my 4th weigh in tomorow and ive lost 9lb so far

i make sure i have lots to eat in the house that i can snack on cos im a nightmare for that
things like carrot cucumber low fatcrackers and low fat soft cream cheese have got me thru the snack attack moments at night lol

i was always told not to eat after seven but i always do and as long as its heavy fatty stuff i have found it doesnt make any difference to me losing weight each week.

try and exercise too as that really helps shift it

we ll all stick together and lose it xxxxxxxxxxx

#11 scotgirl14888

scotgirl14888

Mrs G!!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • 6671 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:16

Thanks guys :good: Will let you know how I get on this week xxxx