12 replies to this topic

#1 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6021 posts
  • Wedding:7th April 2010

Posted 01 December 2009 - 14:43

Has anyone used this site to buy a wedding dress or other items?

http://www.peridress...ome.php?cat=202

They have got some fantastic prices and due to some fianacial problems i may have to buy a cheaper dress. They do one very similar for about a quarter of the price im paying for mine!

I also had a good chat with them via email, i sent them photos of me wearing mine and they can do it exactly the same and even add a lace up back rather than buttons which is what i wanted plus they can add more beading to the bodice for me to make it really sparkly.
It is free delivery if i order before xmas!! The question is shall i or shouldn't i?????

love Stacey xxxx

#2 samc

CHINA

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Wedding:06/10/07

Posted 01 December 2009 - 15:04

I found this review on another forum..... (I would go for it, but depends how much you love your 1st dress I guess)

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a review about peridress. I'm not usually the type of person to write on forums, I just search them for info but I figured that it was hard enough to for me to find info on peridress that I should post a comment once my dress came regardless of the result.

I wasn't sure whether to take the risk - especially since I had seen some dodgy posts with the same username patterns and often located in Shanghai - I'd be extremely disappointed if they were promoting themselves like that no matter how good their dresses are or how frustrated they are at people speculating on the quality. (Yes, I know I'm a first time poster, I'm a British expat living in Paris getting married in June and I'm sure some people will doubt me.) But in the end I had a moment of insanity and placed the order using paypal.

So I ordered an alfred angelo style tea-length dress (impossible to find anything short in Paris, it's just not la mode apparently!) The real one, from houseofbrides would have been $500 and even more elsewhere. Within 3 weeks the dress was with me (yesterday!) and I'm pleasantly surprised (I was expecting the worst!). It's true that it's not exactly like the photo but the style is similar and I knew that it wouldn't be an original dress. It's bit big up top but I can always get it taken in and it's a little bit shorter than I would have liked but still below the knees (I could have requested extra length but didn't). The material & the sewing are ok - of course this doesn't match the quality of a top of the range dress but it's fine for me - no-one will be looking that closely and I'll only spill wine down it anyway! The dress, with matching shawl, came in at under 80.

I'd be happy to wear the dress on my wedding day (after alterations) and I will if I don't find anything else on the high street between now and then. Even if I don't wear it I wouldn't be ashamed to re-sell it. Basically, and maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, I've had a good experience with peridress and I like my dress - at least I have a back-up plan.

I don't think peridress is for everyone but if you're not a bridezilla who wants everything to be perfect, if you have a rough style in mind but are pretty open-minded, if you want to save money but have a bit spare in case it all goes wrong and as long as you don't expect too much then it could be for you.

So I hope my post will help someone decide whether to take that chance or not and I hope to see a few more peridress reviews - good or bad!

Happy Wedding!
Stina.

Edited by samc, 01 December 2009 - 15:07.

#3 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 15:51

Thanks for that hun. The bridal shop have just called me. I cant cancel the dress anyway as its a sale dress i would lose all the money so im going to stick with it xxxx

#4 sara82

CRYSTAL

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Wedding:9th October 2010

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:47

View Postgetinthevan, on Dec 1 2009, 15:51 PM, said:

Thanks for that hun. The bridal shop have just called me. I cant cancel the dress anyway as its a sale dress i would lose all the money so im going to stick with it xxxx

In a way, that's probably a good thing - maybe not financially, but at least you know exactly what you're getting, as you have had the chance to see it and wear it. I buy everything on the internet (even my engagement ring was bought on the web!), but I don't think I'd buy my wedding dress online - you need to see the quality before spending out the cash! :-)

#5 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 15:06

View Postsara82, on Dec 2 2009, 12:47 PM, said:

In a way, that's probably a good thing - maybe not financially, but at least you know exactly what you're getting, as you have had the chance to see it and wear it. I buy everything on the internet (even my engagement ring was bought on the web!), but I don't think I'd buy my wedding dress online - you need to see the quality before spending out the cash! :-)

Thanks hun. I am kinda peed off though the fact that i was asked for a deposit when i choose the dress to now be told i will lose all my money if i cancel!! Whats the bloody point in a deposit then!! x

#6 tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Wedding:23 August 2008

Posted 02 December 2009 - 15:24

I think that's the way they all work to be honest, unless it's a shop model the dress would have been ordered in especially for you in your size.

#7 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 16:34

View Posttempting, on Dec 2 2009, 15:24 PM, said:

I think that's the way they all work to be honest, unless it's a shop model the dress would have been ordered in especially for you in your size.

mine was off the sale rack. It is has not been ordered or especially made for me. They just said they need 200 deposit to secure it but never mentioned that because it is a sale dress it is non refundable. x

#8 sara82

CRYSTAL

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Wedding:9th October 2010

Posted 04 December 2009 - 16:31

Yeah, they should have made that clear when you put the deposit down. Usually you are told if a deposit is non-refundable. Silly shop!

#9 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:37

View Postsara82, on Dec 4 2009, 16:31 PM, said:

Yeah, they should have made that clear when you put the deposit down. Usually you are told if a deposit is non-refundable. Silly shop!

I am quite annoyed at that. I just dont see why they ask for a deposit from the beginning, when if the rules are that when u buy a sale dress its non refundable you would think they would want full payment! xxx

Edited by getinthevan, 05 December 2009 - 09:37.

#10 tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • 5865 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:23

Stacey, try not to let it get to you. You have the most beautiful dress, and you absolutely love it. I really don't think that a copy of it, no matter how good would make you as happy, you'll always be comparing it to the "real one".

If you hadn't of tried this one one and fell in love with it, them maybe I'd be saying, "go for it". But this is your special day, you've had so many ups and downs lately with your mum ect, you deserve the dress of your dreams.

xx

#11 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:42

View Posttempting, on Dec 5 2009, 11:23 AM, said:

Stacey, try not to let it get to you. You have the most beautiful dress, and you absolutely love it. I really don't think that a copy of it, no matter how good would make you as happy, you'll always be comparing it to the "real one".

If you hadn't of tried this one one and fell in love with it, them maybe I'd be saying, "go for it". But this is your special day, you've had so many ups and downs lately with your mum ect, you deserve the dress of your dreams.

xx

Thank you Michele
Yes i am kind of saying to myself this is the one, i love it and i keep looking at photos of me in it to make sure i still love it. Hopefully Gaz will get that bonus and he said he will pay it off for me.
It will make me more than happy to have my dress. xxxx

#12 tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • 5865 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:39

good, that's the spirit!!

#13 MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 13:50

View Posttempting, on Dec 5 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

good, that's the spirit!!

Hehe i will have the dress :D
And it will be lovely knowing we paid for it ourselves rather than my mum thinking i cant afford to have it now she wont pay for it.
gaz made me laugh though, he said just ring her and tell her the bill needs paying for the dress lol...
of course i was like oh yeah i'll do that....NOT!!! xxx