hollyh

SILK

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Wedding:5th July 2010

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:03

Hi all,

I've been thinking about what to buy h2b as a wedding present, my friend suggested cuff links but Dan's a builder so I know they will never get used! I have seen a really nice TAG watch that I know he will like... and wear! It's quite expensive at around 1000 but I know he will like it, plus they way I see it is I have a gorgeous engagement ring that he saved hard for and bought and I'd like him to have something nice too.

What do you think? What are you planning on buying your H2B's as a wedding present?

#2 David

David

DIAMOND

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6894 posts
  • Wedding:2nd August 2003

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:55

If you know he would like it they you can't go wrong (assuming 1000 for a watch is not going wrong!)

It's something he will wear and always remember who and when it was bought :)

#3 MiamiBride

MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts
  • Wedding:7th April 2010

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:58

Wow 1000 for a present i would make sure he certainly liked it lol!

I would ideally like to buy my hubby to be a present but i am still undecided on what to buy for him.
I thought about getting him something engraved like a watch or chain but still not sure.
i will have to think of something. xxx

#4 AmyT

AmyT

GOLD

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4132 posts
  • Wedding:14th August 2009

Posted 13 January 2010 - 11:59

I got my husband an Armani watch and had it engraved on the back, he loves it.

#5 hollyh

hollyh

SILK

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:12

He's just so fussy and doesn't wear any jewellery, I thought about getting him one of those red letter experience things to drive a Ferrari (he has expensive tastes!!) but not sure as it would be nice to give him something for keeps. I know a watch would last him for years and it would be something really nice to look at and wear all the time, hmmmmm.....

#6 AmyT

AmyT

GOLD

• Gob Squad!
  • 4132 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:33

I got Ian a driving day last christmas, he did a Ferrari and to be honest, it probably wasn't worth the money - you can get really expensive ones which might be better, this was just from Boots I think (around 100) but you don't get a great deal for your money.

#7 hollyh

hollyh

SILK

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 14:41

I got Ian a driving day last christmas, he did a Ferrari and to be honest, it probably wasn't worth the money - you can get really expensive ones which might be better, this was just from Boots I think (around 100) but you don't get a great deal for your money.

Thanks for advice, I guess it is more of a birthday/christmas thing. Watch it is then!!

#8 BumbleBee

BumbleBee

SILVER

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1534 posts
  • Wedding:4th August 2010

Posted 13 January 2010 - 16:04

I don't think we're getting each other presents, although I am tempted to get some boudoir photos done which would make a nice present. I have got him several watches for birthdays, Christmases and Valentines days, got him an engagement ring when we got engaged, and he has loads of cufflinks that have been given to him as gifts and has never worn most of them. So if I got him anything, it would be the pics, but I don't expect him to get me a gift and we are spending so much money already on our wedding day and honeymoon, why should we have to search around for something to spend yet more money on?

If you really want to get him a gift and can afford the watch, then nobody's stopping you. You should make sure he is aware that gifts will be exchanged though, or you may not get anything in return and end up making him feel bad for not getting you anything! When we discussed it, h2b was not aware of this at all but we both said anyway that we weren't bothered about it.

#9 XMASBRIDE

XMASBRIDE

CHINA

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Wedding:18/12/2009

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:06

I got Hubby some cuff links to wear on the day and we dont have much money but he loved it i also put a note in the box that he read on the morning of the wedding

#10 MiamiBride

MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 14:34

I have got hubby to be a lovely card made by Tempting (Michele) Off here.
She has put a lovely poem in the card along with a couple of photos of us.
I think he will love it but i have thought about maybe buying him his favourite aftershave too, if i give it to his best man and then the morning he can hand it to him for me xxx

#11 AmyT

AmyT

GOLD

• Gob Squad!
  • 4132 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 15:45

We chose aftershave/perfume for each other to wear on the wedding day and put letters inside, was really nice

#12 MiamiBride

MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:39

We chose aftershave/perfume for each other to wear on the wedding day and put letters inside, was really nice

Well i checked through his aftershave's last night and he has almost full bottles of his favourites ones! Doh!!! :blink:

#13 AmyT

AmyT

GOLD

• Gob Squad!
  • 4132 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:54

We chose new ones for each of us so that it's something we'd never worn before, now whenever we wear them we think of our wedding day.

#14 XMASBRIDE

XMASBRIDE

CHINA

• Member 100+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Wedding:18/12/2009

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:41

lol i feel mean not getting hubby much...although it was the week before xmas and his birthday is new years day so he got plenty of presents haha

#15 MiamiBride

MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:58

lol i feel mean not getting hubby much...although it was the week before xmas and his birthday is new years day so he got plenty of presents haha

Aww its the thought that counts though hun and Gaz also has his bday on new yrs day! Its bloody hard isnt it lol xxx

#16 Sio

Sio

SILVER

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1155 posts
  • Wedding:6th Feb 2010

Posted 15 January 2010 - 13:25

We decided to get each other present when on honeymoon in New York, partly as neither of us has the time to look for things, but mainly because I want something from Tiffanys!!!

#17 MiamiBride

MiamiBride

Im So Happy To Be A Mrs

• Gob Squad!
  • 6021 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 15:47

We decided to get each other present when on honeymoon in New York, partly as neither of us has the time to look for things, but mainly because I want something from Tiffanys!!!

Lol!! I like your style ;)
Gaz mentioned going to Miami Ink for a tattoo, we are both fans of the show but i know its expensive to get one there lol xxx