3 replies to this topic

#1 garmcqui

garmcqui

PAPER

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding:27th July 2012

Posted 04 September 2011 - 12:51

I'm just after a bit of inspiration about church flowers for our wedding.

Our florist has suggested this for the front of the church:

2 x large and sumptuous pedestals created on hidden trays so you can move @90 each. These arrangements are 3 feet wide and approx 6 feet high

Now I'm sure these will be lovely, but what else do people think is needed? Something at the door into the church, pew ends, etc?

Any input appreciated!

Gary

Edited by garmcqui, 04 September 2011 - 12:51.

#2 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4941 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 14:56

Hi - have a read of this article which may give you a few ideas.

http://www.weddingch...rch-wedding.asp

Pauline Posted Image

#3 crystalvelvet

crystalvelvet

Sparkles!

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2453 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 16:15

In all honesty, You will be in the church for 45mins. The focus of attention will be on the front. You could however go as over the top as you wanted. Pew ends can be really simple like rafia or florists ribbon bows with a trail of ivy or a more elaborate festoon. You could also have planters with spring/ summer flowers in on the floor, swags around the columns and window arrangements.
Some people also have topiary trees by the entrance, swags on the gates etc.
it will really all come down to your budget. I've seen all these idea at weddings and each had been special in it's own way.

#4 tempting

tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Wedding:23 August 2008

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:20

Hi, we had a catholic wedding, and the lovely ladies at the church did the flowers (for a small donation) but we were asked if we would leave them for the Sunday service the next day. So I ordered lots of flowers from a local wholesaler, telling them I was doing church flowers for the first time.

From memory we had a large stand either side of the altar, something on the altar, and a display in the entrance of the church. I didn't want to go too over the top, as the church was pretty anyway. I don't' think they were 6ft high, possibly 2ft on top of a stand. Just been looking at the photos, and there was a small display on the font too which was next to the altar.

As others have said, it depends on what you want to spend. I think we paid around 60 for flowers, and 25 in donations. I didn't have pew ends, just no budget for them.