Romantica Ecuador Dress

5 replies to this topic

#1 queenkatster

PAPER

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding:7th July 2012

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:30

I am new to this site. I have just bought my wedding dress, romantica Ecuador. I got it at discounted price as ex-display. It was the first dress I tried on! Really flatters my curves, which is good. Iv had to leave it in the shop until I get alterations next year and didn't take any photos!!! If anyone else wore this dress to their wedding, I would love to see some photos, front, side and especially the back which is my fav part with the lace-up. So excited about my wedding! Xx thanks xx

#2 PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4941 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:35

how exciting to find your dress the first time.. well done.. and welcome to the forum.

Pauline :)

#3 elouise86

CHINA

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Wedding:08/07/2011

Posted 07 October 2011 - 19:35

Hi and welcome - I wore that dress Posted Image I love it, wish I could wear it again Posted Image great choice in dress (I would say that tho!) I found it very comfortable to wear and was sad to take it off! One tip I would offer is be careful with your choice on bridal underwear - the dress material is so thin and floaty that you could see the bones of my bridal bodice i'd brought at my final fitting so I had to exchange it for a strapless bra instead!

Here are a few of my fav pics to show off the dress -

Attached File  Elouise_Chris_089.jpg   88.15K   0 downloads

Attached File  Elouise_Chris_151.jpg   92.55K   0 downloads

Attached File  Elouise_Chris_166.jpg   117.94K   0 downloads

Attached File  Elouise_Chris_286.jpg   155.54K   0 downloads

Edited by elouise86, 07 October 2011 - 19:40.

#4 queenkatster

PAPER

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding:7th July 2012

Posted 07 October 2011 - 21:08

Hi Elouise
Thanks for your reply. The dress looks beautiful on and I love the photo of you with your groom - the dress looks amazing! I also like what you did with your hair - I've also bought a veil (on a comb), to wear from under an 'up do' if that makes sense.

Re the underwear - I have a very large bust and will be struggling to get a strapless bra, let alone a basque! When I go for my fitting/alterations I am going to ask to get shoulder straps put on - not to take any weight, just so i can wear a supportive bra. I was thinking of having these in the same material as the floaty outer material of the dress. Do you think that would look okay? I won't know until I try. They suggested a halterneck, but the weight of my boobs would hurt my neck. Thanks for the tip about seeing lines of underwear!

Kat xxxx

#5 elouise86

CHINA

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • Wedding:08/07/2011

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:11

View Postqueenkatster, on 07 October 2011 - 21:08, said:

Hi Elouise
Thanks for your reply. The dress looks beautiful on and I love the photo of you with your groom - the dress looks amazing! I also like what you did with your hair - I've also bought a veil (on a comb), to wear from under an 'up do' if that makes sense.

Re the underwear - I have a very large bust and will be struggling to get a strapless bra, let alone a basque! When I go for my fitting/alterations I am going to ask to get shoulder straps put on - not to take any weight, just so i can wear a supportive bra. I was thinking of having these in the same material as the floaty outer material of the dress. Do you think that would look okay? I won't know until I try. They suggested a halterneck, but the weight of my boobs would hurt my neck. Thanks for the tip about seeing lines of underwear!

Kat xxxx

Thanks Posted Image I really love this dress, you'll love wearing it! Thanks for the comment about my hair, was nice to have it up and out the way as I tend to fiddle with my hair A LOT when its down Posted Image

In terms of underwear, I have a large bust but managed to get a very good strapless bra from Bravissimo - when I tried it on it gave some support but I was worried that it maybe wasn't enough but when I tried it on with the dress it was perfect, the dress itself has a lot of support, especially when you've been laced up into it correctly (the lady at the dress shop showed my my what to do) - could be worth looking on their website and seeing if they do your size!

Having said that, if you choose to have straps put on I think that would look lovely too, especially made from the chiffon like the top layer of the dress! Its all down to what you'd prefer, straps or no straps!

Would love to hear more about your wedding - why dont you start a 'tell us the details' thread?! Posted Image

#6 crystalvelvet

Sparkles!

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2453 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:29

I think little cap sleeves would look really pretty with the dress if elouises suggestions don't work.