kiwinjoe

SILVER

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • Wedding:26.06.08

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:38

Hi guys,

So if you havent noticed from my other posts we live in Spain and are getting married here next June. The big debate with the OH is the suit. I wanted him to wear a beige suit but he wants to wear a black one (funny obsession with Johnny Cash ?!?). However now the weather is hotting up (sorry!) hes starting to change his mind. Ive seen some of your abroad wedding grooms simply wearing a waistcoat and shirt with no jacket. I think this would be cooler but i think i want him to wear a jacket for the pics.

Any suggestions anyone?

My dress will be ivory, champagne and mocha so was thinking if he wore a dark suit a champage cravat to brighten it up?
Also the bridemaids will be in chocky brown and champagne

Help!!!!!!!!!!!
XXXXX

#2 Sherrie

Sherrie

RUBY

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3575 posts
  • Wedding:20/06/09

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:43

A black suit would look fab with an Ivory waistcoat, Champagne cravat and Grey pinstripe trousers.

They only need the jackets on for a short time so the rest of the day they can leave them off.

I had a similar colour scheme:

Attached Files

#3 Guest_Mrs Dale2B_*

Guest_Mrs Dale2B_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:53

Yeah if you want a suit for th pics have one - he doesn't have to keep it on all day. Our wedding is going to be a more casual affair so I'm not as bothered about the suit just as long as we have a good time I'll be happy.

#4 tempting

tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Wedding:23 August 2008

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:00

If he wants a dark suit rather than cream/beige, how about chocolate brown? It would go great with your colours. Then ditch the jacket after the photos as you suggested if it's too hot.

#5 mamamammy

mamamammy

SILVER

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1975 posts
  • Wedding:24/10/2008

Posted 15 June 2007 - 13:50

If he wants a dark suit rather than cream/beige, how about chocolate brown? It would go great with your colours. Then ditch the jacket after the photos as you suggested if it's too hot.

yep, my groom and his dad are wearing dark choccy brown prince edward suits. with ivory waistcoats and coffee cravat for groom and ivory one for his dad.

looks really nice, honestly

Edited by mamamammy, 15 June 2007 - 13:53.

#6 Amazoloo

Amazoloo

SILK

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Wedding:25TH AUGUST 2007

Posted 15 June 2007 - 14:38

I am having choccy brown bridesmaids , brown suits and im in ivory. This is our suits

Attached Files

#7 flowergem4u

flowergem4u

RUBY

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3777 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 15:12

the choccie brown looks wonderful......and will go with your theme fantastically
linda x