17 replies to this topic

#1 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4941 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:20

Yaaa, after having a 'go' for a few months now, Wyatt has finally given in and has done some smaller clocks out of much thinner wood -which of course makes them a lot cheaper!!!!

He will of course still be doing his other clocks, but these one I think are great as a stocking filler as they are going to be sold for under 10!!!

Anyway, just wanted to show you a couple of the ones he's done so far and I have asked him to stock pile a load for next summer when the car boots start again!!

So far he's done, mickey, hunny bear, bear with blue bow and thomas!

Pauline :clapping:

http://www.flickr.co...N05/2004497120/

He's not keen on the thomas the tank and will be doing him a bit different next time!

#2 purpleshoe

purpleshoe

SILVER

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Wedding:15/01/2008

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:25

pauline, (well Wyatt actually!) they are great, unfortunaly i dont have any children to buy christmas presents for but i am sure they would be a great gift.

#3 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • 4941 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:36

Thanks Purple :good:

He's not going to be doing just children's clocks, once he gets going again, he will offer all patterns...........think he's planning on doing a betty boop one soon and I would'nt mind a red and green pepper one for my kitchen!

Pauline :good:

#4 purpleshoe

purpleshoe

SILVER

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1211 posts
  • Wedding:15/01/2008

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:40

sounds great!

#5 flowergem4u

flowergem4u

RUBY

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3777 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:41

they are fantastic pauline....tell wyatt...well done yet again.
linda x

#6 INeverThought

INeverThought

SILVER

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts
  • Wedding:10 Aug 2002

Posted 13 November 2007 - 19:34

wow they are lovely can he do cinderella???? megan would love one for xmas!!!

#7 marie4nick

marie4nick

Little Mrs Innocent !!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6601 posts
  • Wedding:26th april 2008

Posted 13 November 2007 - 20:14

is it my betty hes doing?? i like the one on the link Pauline !

#8 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • 4941 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 20:23

wow they are lovely can he do cinderella???? megan would love one for xmas!!!

I'm sure its on his list somewhere! Will give you a shout when he's done one to see if you like it!Pauline :good:

is it my betty hes doing?? i like the one on the link Pauline !

LOL Marie, your betty clock is going to look very simular to the one on the link and I think he is going to be starting that one at the beginning of next month, unless you want it sooner!Pauline :good:

#9 marie4nick

marie4nick

Little Mrs Innocent !!!!

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6601 posts
  • Wedding:26th april 2008

Posted 13 November 2007 - 20:24

im ready when you are honey

#10 tempting

tempting

PLATINUM

• Gob Squad!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5865 posts
  • Wedding:23 August 2008

Posted 13 November 2007 - 20:56

HI pauline, don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but my step daughter is mad on Scooby Doo. It's her B-day next week, so too late for that really, but is it something he could do for Christmas?

Michele

#11 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • 4941 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:30

Thanks again Ladies :good: - it's given Wyatt that extra push to make and stock pile these clocks and have a craft stall of his own!!!!

#12 flowergem4u

flowergem4u

RUBY

• Member 10+
  • 3777 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:12

Thanks again Ladies :good: - it's given Wyatt that extra push to make and stock pile these clocks and have a craft stall of his own!!!!

brilliant pauline....he could make bird boxes/tables etc too.....the prices they charge for bird stuff at garden centres etc are blumming stupid.
oh and what about little chairs for little girls....could be personalised or character ones....infacy....if he can make these? i'll have one....cos all my grandaughters love sitting in this little chair i have here....so i could do with another one.....oh and a table to match.....maybe for packing purposes he could build them flat packed?
linda x
ps....i can take a piccie of the one i have here if it would help? could also give measurements?

#13 INeverThought

INeverThought

SILVER

• Member 500+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts
  • Wedding:10 Aug 2002

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:51

I'm sure its on his list somewhere! Will give you a shout when he's done one to see if you like it!Pauline :good:LOL Marie, your betty clock is going to look very simular to the one on the link and I think he is going to be starting that one at the beginning of next month, unless you want it sooner!Pauline :good:

thanks pauline if not ready for xmas her birthday is in Feb so that will be fine will go with her cake top!

#14 madmooer

madmooer

GOBBY!!!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7338 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 20:48

The clocks look fab :clapping:

#15 PaulineC

PaulineC

GOLD

• Global Moderator
  • 4941 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 22:38

Thanks all :good: Should be showing you a purple cow very soon Fay!! :D Pauline :good:

brilliant pauline....he could make bird boxes/tables etc too.....the prices they charge for bird stuff at garden centres etc are blumming stupid.oh and what about little chairs for little girls....could be personalised or character ones....infacy....if he can make these? i'll have one....cos all my grandaughters love sitting in this little chair i have here....so i could do with another one.....oh and a table to match.....maybe for packing purposes he could build them flat packed? linda xps....i can take a piccie of the one i have here if it would help? could also give measurements?

He used to make bird boxes/tables before Linda and he's got plans to make a table and chairs for grandaughter Beatrice :). Will post it when he gets around to it, but like everything else, because that will take a while, plus of course more money to make, its kind of way down on the list.He's going to be making some signs with pegs on to match the clocks next week - in fact we made a trip to B&Q earlier on to get some wood for them.Wish we could just stock him right up with loads of good wood, paints etc etc and let him loose in his shed!!! Pauline :good:

#16 flowergem4u

flowergem4u

RUBY

• Member 10+
  • 3777 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:16

Thanks all :good: Should be showing you a purple cow very soon Fay!! :D Pauline :good: He used to make bird boxes/tables before Linda and he's got plans to make a table and chairs for grandaughter Beatrice :) . Will post it when he gets around to it, but like everything else, because that will take a while, plus of course more money to make, its kind of way down on the list.He's going to be making some signs with pegs on to match the clocks next week - in fact we made a trip to B&Q earlier on to get some wood for them.Wish we could just stock him right up with loads of good wood, paints etc etc and let him loose in his shed!!! Pauline :good:

ok pauline i'll look out for them.
mmmm, it is a devil when starting up getting everything needed ....so yes i agree it would be great when he can stock up. b&q is a bit pricey....isnt there a wickes or no frills etc that might have cheaper materials?

linda x

#17 madmooer

madmooer

GOBBY!!!

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7338 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:53

Thanks all :good: Should be showing you a purple cow very soon Fay!! :D Pauline :good:He used to make bird boxes/tables before Linda and he's got plans to make a table and chairs for grandaughter Beatrice :). Will post it when he gets around to it, but like everything else, because that will take a while, plus of course more money to make, its kind of way down on the list.He's going to be making some signs with pegs on to match the clocks next week - in fact we made a trip to B&Q earlier on to get some wood for them.Wish we could just stock him right up with loads of good wood, paints etc etc and let him loose in his shed!!! Pauline :good:

WOOHOO :yahoo:

#18 helnedd

helnedd

SILVER

• Member 10+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1482 posts
  • Wedding:11-09-2009

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:16

wow they are super hun.......which reminds me i have to find my piccie to send you to see if wyatt can do me a clock too...........

Big well done to wyatt........ :clapping:

xxx